Friday, December 2, 2011

You can't teach a liar morality.

I just spent an hour yelling at him trying to show the person I married 13 years ago, who at the time and up until 4 months ago represented loyalty, honesty, and respect---what a lie is.  He refuses to acknowledge that omissions are lies. Now, back in the day....I probably would have agreed with him.  But in dealing with affairs---omissions are indeed lies.  I just don't get how a person who didn't lie to me in any appreciably fashion for 13 years can just lie, lie, lie now.  What turned him into this person? Did she do it to him?  Was he always one and managed to hide it so well for so many years.  Hell, I catch my mom in lies all the time, but never caught him in one.

But now.....he is a LIAR!!!

And he's a mean one!! He truly is a broken person.  His father died when he was really young.  Back when  I was contemplating marriage to someone who had quite the irrational temper and was even worse when drunk---I read a book that had 10 things to watch out for when marrying.  If anyone actually reads this post, you may be offended, but I swear I read it in a book! But one of them was that if their parent died when they were very young, or if they had an alcoholic parent.  I remember thinking "oh crap" and debated it for a while. But then I just said "oh, it is a stupid book", this guy is pretty freaking wonderful when he isn't angry.  And married him anyways!

Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment